Phosphatidylserine Protects And Nurtures Your Brain
Phosphatidylserine is a fatty substance that naturally occurs in your brain. As you age, phosphatidylserine levels may decrease, leaving you with foggy memories and difficulty remembering to do the activities you committed to doing.
According to a study, you can help prevent memory loss with phosphatidylserine supplements. It was also found that it’s a natural treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Phosphatidylserine can also be used to treat multiple sclerosis (MS) and muscle soreness from overuse in athletes. Those who suffer from anxiety, depression, and stress may also benefit from phosphatidylserine. Additionally, it can be used to help treat insomnia.
Method Of Incuring
Scientists develop phosphatidylserine from natural sources, such as soy and cabbage. The body can process and use up to 800 milligrams of phosphatidylserine per day. The amount you’ll find in supplements will vary, but any amount of phosphatidylserine is proven to have health benefits.
From physical ailments, such as muscle soreness from working out, to a variety of mental conditions, phosphatidylserine can help treat and prevent a variety of conditions. There are many studies that show the benefits of phosphatidylserine and you could experience one of these many benefits:
- Muscle soreness: phosphatidylserine may help decrease muscle soreness and increase your capacity for continued physical activity. It may decrease the levels of cortisol, which the body produces more of when it’s put into high-stress situations.
- Memory: studies have proven that phosphatidylserine can improve memory function. Those with low memory scores can regain some of their memory if they take phosphatidylserine.
- Depression: there are also many beneficial effects phosphatidylserine has on your mood. It can improve your overall mood, thereby lessening your depression.
- ADHD: children who suffer from ADHD may be able to find relief in an all-natural form from phosphatidylserine. When taken with omega-3 fatty acids, phosphatidylserine is proven to reduce hyperactive and impulsive behavior in those who suffer from ADHD.
- Reduced stress: phosphatidylserine blocks cortisol, which is the substance in the body tied to stress. Stressful situations from both physical and social situations make your body begin to produce cortisol, resulting in you feeling overwhelmed, upset, and stressed.
- Alzheimer’s treatment: when taken for several weeks consecutively, phosphatidylserine can improve Alzheimer’s symptoms.
- Sleep: because cortisol causes unhealthy levels of stress, it can keep you from getting good sleep at night. Phosphatidylserine lowers the levels of cortisol in the brain and allows you to get restful sleep.
Phosphatidylserine For Sleep
Sleep affects you in so many ways. Failure to get quality sleep on a regular basis leaves you fatigued, prone to illness and with a decreased mental capacity.
Experts recommend getting seven to nine hours of quality sleep each night so that you can function at your best. And while many people set aside this time to devote to sleep, insomnia gets in the way, leaving you feeling exhausted and wiped out.
Can Block Cortisol
Phosphatidylserine can improve your ability to sleep by blocking cortisol from forming in your body throughout the day. Cortisol is your body’s reaction to stress, and if you find yourself in many stressful situations throughout the day, you might not be able to sleep at night
Additionally, phosphatidylserine helps with depression, which is another culprit of poor sleep. Insomnia and depression are closely tied together. One ailment tends to lead to the other. Many symptoms of insomnia and depression overlap, making it difficult for doctors to properly diagnose and treat the ailment. Phosphatidylserine can treat both depression and insomnia at once to get to the root of the problem to improve your sleep quality and overall happiness throughout the day.
Over time, antidepressants lose their effects on the body. The body gets used to having the antidepressants present at all times and so the body simply stops responding to them. For those who have been on antidepressants for a large portion of their life, phosphatidylserine may provide a new all-natural treatment method for anxiety and depression.
Phosphatidylserine is especially helpful for elderly individuals who experience a decrease in the effectiveness of other anxiety and depression treatment methods due to their age. A study evaluated the effectiveness of phosphatidylserine supplements for elderly patients that suffered from anxiety and depression.
After 12 weeks of taking phosphatidylserine, the elderly patients had lower levels of cortisol in their saliva and reported feeling happier and less anxious. The study showed that phosphatidylserine can be an effective treatment for late-life depression and anxiety.
Create Your Own Private Label Supplement Using Phosphatidylserine
If you are looking to create your own supplement for anxiety and or sleep, be sure to check out our stock focus formula. If you want to create a different supplement or have any other manufacturing questions, you can contact us here.
Will is a Co-Founder of SMP Nutra, founder of GetKnownPros, and owns a handful of supplement brands. Will has extensive knowledge of trends in the nutraceutical industry after contract-manufacturing for hundreds of brands. Will has spent the last decade learning the best online marketing & brand-building techniques for supplement & vitamin brands and enjoys sharing this unique knowledge with his nutra-entrepreneur community.