Manufacturing Designed Specifically for Nutrition-based Supplements
Nutrition-based supplements take several forms and contain a variety of substances. Most people are familiar with vitamins and minerals as supplements. Yet there are also herbal, botanical, and amino acid supplements. In general, people take these nutrition-based supplements to improve their health and well-being, both physically and mentally.
So how are these nutrition-based supplements manufactured? SMP Nutra starts with the highest-quality raw materials. Since we have such high standards for our products, we only work with ethical suppliers who also have high standards. Once we have the raw materials, our team formulates supplements based on your specifications.
Overall, our customized process delivers the best, most nutrient-rich, custom formula supplements — capsules, softgels, tablets, liquids, gummies, and more — that you require. Because SMP Nutra is the manufacturer and you buy these customized nutrition-based supplements directly from us, there is no middleman. Furthermore, along with using high-quality ingredients to produce our supplements, our manufacturing service lets clients customize size, appearance, and coatings, encapsulation materials, and other things.
At the same time, we also provide stock formulas for private label supplements. SMP Nutra provides a range of products from tablets to specialized suspended capsules. With stock formulas, we have already sourced the ingredients and have run Quality Assurance on them. What’s more, we have ready-made batches of these stock formulas. Moreover, our manufacturing equipment is dialed in to handle these products which reduces production time and labor costs. In some cases, we may have even already created the tablets or filled the capsules.
What is the Process of Manufacturing Supplements to Maximize One’s Nutrition?
To maximize nutrition, SMP Nutra follows a strict Quality Insurance Process to deliver the most accurately produced supplements. Firstly, all of our ingredients must pass stringent quality control measures. Next, the ingredients go to the pharmacy compound for weighing and blending. Specifically, our strict process allows us to make sure that all label’s claims are met.
As stated above, we follow only the highest standards throughout our entire process. Over the years, our facility has received certifications from the FDA, NPA, and GMP. As such, we always follow regulatory guidelines when we manufacture supplements. In contrast, we will not produce products that do not meet all claims, standards, or necessary regulations. Even more, when we assess a formula, we do all the ingredient testing and verification in-house and never outsource.
With SMP Nutra, the entire process, from sourcing to shipping, is found under one roof. This means we can guarantee the materials, formulas, and finished products. In the end, you receive the best supplements manufactured according to the strictest standards.
Supplements are Meant to “Supplement” Proper Diets
The main reasons why most people take dietary supplements are to improve and maintain their overall health. The best way to get all the nutrients that the human body needs is by eating a balanced diet composed of a variety of foods. Because of this, a dietary supplement isn’t intended to replace proper nutrition. But what does a ‘proper’ diet look like?
The USDA’s MyPlate site recommends the following intake for the average person over 14 years of age who eats a 2,000 calorie a day diet (1):
- 2 cups from the Fruit Group
- 2 1/2 cups from the Vegetable Group
- 6 ounces from the Grains Group
- 5 1/2 ounces from the Protein Foods Group
- 3 cups from the Dairy Group
A person who follows these recommended daily intakes will get a variety of nutrients that are necessary to good health. However, the reality is that many people don’t eat healthy enough to get all the vitamins and minerals that they need. On top of that, some people have health conditions that cause hard-to-correct nutrient deficiencies. Because of this, many people take dietary supplements.
Reasons People Take Dietary Supplements
Apart from being beneficial to a person’s overall health, there are a number of specific reasons for taking dietary supplements. A few of these are outlined below:
- Age-related deficiency — As a person ages, their ability to absorb nutrients decreases. Also, the human body produces less of certain substances, like CoQ10. As a result, older people often require dietary supplements to maintain their health.
- Health-related deficiency — Some health conditions can lead to nutrient deficiencies which supplements can correct. For example, people with GI issues have impaired digestion. So they may have difficulty getting all the nutrients they need from their food.
- Dietary deficiencies — People who have not made nutrition a priority but who wish to eat healthier may need short-term dietary supplements to correct deficiencies.
- Athletic requirements — Athletes and other people who engage in frequent and intense exercise have higher nutritional needs than the average person. Since this is true, these people often add vitamins, minerals, and other supplements to their diets.
- Address symptoms — Taking dietary supplements such as vitamin D may not cure a disease or get rid of a health condition. At the same time, they can certainly help the body to deal with symptoms of certain conditions.
Full Body Nutrition Requires Diet and Exercise as Well as Supplements
As stated above, good nutrition is one of the keys to good health. In addition to a balanced diet and taking dietary supplements, each person should also exercise regularly. The Physical Activity Guidelines for Americans lays out the following recommendations for exercise (2):
Preschool-Aged Children (ages 3–5)
- Physical activity throughout the day.
Children and adolescents (ages 6–17)
- 1 hour (60 minutes) or more of moderate to vigorous aerobic physical at least 3 days a week.
- On top of that, at least 3 sessions each of muscle-strengthening and bone-strengthening activities per week as a part of the daily hour of exercise.
- For the most health benefits, adults should engage in a minimum of 2 hours and 30 minutes (150 minutes) of vigorous aerobic exercise or a combination of moderate and vigorous aerobic exercise each week. Also, additional exercise leads to additional benefits.
- The Guidelines also recommend muscle-strengthening exercise for all the major muscle groups on at least two days a week.
- On top of the aerobic and muscle-strengthening guidelines for adults, older adults should also do activities like balance training.
- These and all activities should be relative to each person’s fitness level and health conditions and each person should exercise as they are able.
Nutrition-based Supplements Play a Vital Role in Good Health
When used alongside a sensible balanced diet and regular exercise, nutrition-based supplements play a vital role in keeping you healthy. This is especially true for people with health issues and older adults.
Will is a Co-Founder of SMP Nutra, founder of GetKnownPros, and owns a handful of supplement brands. Will has extensive knowledge of trends in the nutraceutical industry after contract-manufacturing for hundreds of brands. Will has spent the last decade learning the best online marketing & brand-building techniques for supplement & vitamin brands and enjoys sharing this unique knowledge with his nutra-entrepreneur community.